Marketing Automation is a platform that marketers use to plan, coordinate, manage and measure all of their marketing campaigns, both online and offline. Marketing automation helps marketers streamline their lead generation, segmentation, lead nurturing and lead scoring as well as customer lifecycle marketing, cross-sell and up-sell, customer retention, and marketing ROI measurement.
In order to effectively assist businesses in fully understanding customers and subsequently developing a strategic marketing plan, marketing automation tools are designed to perform four key tasks:
- Development and analysis of marketing campaigns and customers
- Management of marketing campaigns
- Appropriate customer data organization and storage
- Moving contacts from leads to customers
It is typical of marketing automation platforms to offer a content management systems, hosted webforms, landing pages, analytics, and email platforms.
Automated technology is essential with any scale and with the increasing number of channels marketers are required to manage.
Benefits of marketing automation:
- Higher conversion rates
- Better Alignment of your marketing and sales teams
- Consistent pattern of growth
- Consolidation of your technology data